We had known each other for three years at that point. We did not like each other the first two of those years (I thought he was arrogant, he thought I was too opinionated), but came around to each other after that. We started hanging out with the same friend group and eventually, I started to like him. Fortunately, the feeling was mutual.He asked me to go with him to one of his friend's weddings (he was a groomsman and sang at the wedding) and I agreed, of course. After that, we weren't just friends anymore.
Nick thinks that we no longer need to mark this day in any significant way, and I mostly agree. We have a real, official wedding anniversary that marks the beginning of our life together, but this day is important to me too. I cannot believe we have only been together five years. It feels like a lifetime, in a good way. I guess that's because he is such a part of who I am that it's hard to extract that BN (before Nick) Jasmine from the person I am today.
I've never once looked back from that day five years ago. It has never crossed my mind that my life might be better without him in it. He's my best friend and my favorite person. He's the one that makes all of these stressful days ok. I'm so grateful for every day we've had together and excited for what's to come for us.
Do you have a tissue??? So sweet!
ReplyDeletein some ways i find mine and kevin's "dating" anniversary more significant than our marriage date. but i guess they are both important. for us, they are within days, so it's easy to combine the celebration :)
ReplyDeletecongrats to you and nick for 5 years! here's to many, many, MANY more...