This is just a final post as pre-exam Jasmine. I have 6 days until the beginning of all of this and 17 until it's all over. I'm pushing through these last few days by working more hours than I thought was possible. I've already worked 11 hours today, with dishes, eating, and laundry interspersed here and there, and after I eat the amazing mushroom risotto Nick is making for dinner, I'll be working some more.
I did a practice question on Thursday. I got 7 pages in 2 hours. I thought I did ok, although I found some gaps in my knowledge and didn't quite put enough of my own argument into my answer. I proceeded to come home and had my first meltdown about the whole thing. Nick talked me through it, rubbing my back and shoulders, trying to get the tension out. It calmed me down a bit, but it was really a moment of illumination, how much is left to be done and how I'm going to do it. The next morning I got on a bus to Manhattan to hear my advisor speak at a forum. It was a really great panel discussion and I'm glad I went, but I kept getting distracted by all I needed to do. Good thing I could get work done on the bus.
So, I'll be back after this over. I may pop in to say I passed a particular section (I have to pass each day before I can proceed to the next - kind of them to not waste my time), and if I don't pass, I might not show my face again here. Failure and I are not friends. It's not something I've done before and I really don't want to do it now. I'm not even sure what I would do if I don't pass. I'm choosing to not think about that. Anyhow, I ask my small readership to be thinking of me on Friday, November 20, Tuesday, November 24, and Tuesday, December 1. I need all of the positivity I can get. Now, back to the books.
you will pass! you will be GREAT. have faith, my friend. you are 100% smarter than you give yourself credit for.
ReplyDeletePositive thoughts heading your way!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on passing girl.....You've got it in the bag... I know we will see you back on here soon...