Tuesday, December 1, 2009

PASSED!!

Oh, I have so many things I want to blog about right now. I want to write about our Thanksgiving, what else we did that weekend, what I learned from exams , our Christmas plans, and getting back to the whole reason I started this blog 6 months ago, various things with our new house. For now, I just want to say I passed my exams!!! I worked my tail off the last several months and it all culminated in today's orals examination. My committee was very happy with my performance all three days, and so am I.

But, I wanted to just brag on the amazingness of my husband. I know I've mentioned how lucky I am to have a husband like Nick before, but he has really outdone himself. Remember that gift I mentioned a few weeks back? I found out what it was on Monday night. Nick decided I needed some serious opportunities for relaxation, so he got me TWO hour long massages (one of which I got today!) and a manicure and pedicure. The rest of these little luxuries are scheduled for Thursday. I'm planning on taking that entire day off.

For now, it's back to the grindstone to finalize my paper for the Bryn Mawr conference on Saturday. I'm planning on getting that finished tomorrow, plus its PowerPoint, then relax all day Thursday and Friday morning. The Bryn Mawr festivities start on Friday afternoon. I'm planning on just ignoring the massive pile of student papers I'm getting tomorrow for just a few more days. I cannot wait for this semester to be over. It's been so tough, yet rewarding in its own ways.

3 comments:

  1. High five, I knew you would rock out on the exams! And yes, that Nick is a good kid. :) Congrats Dr. Cloud on yet another astonishing grad performance.

    ReplyDelete

Followers