Jasmine: "Hmmm, let's see how that breakfast treated me.....(time passes)....OOPS."
Nick: "What?"
J: "You know how I've been under the weather? My brain's not really operating at full capacity? I forgot extra test strips."
N: "How many do you have with you?"
J: "Um.....5."
N: "5 for two days?? Did you pack your backup meter??"
J: "......."
N: "Are you serious? What are you going to do?"
J: "When are we heading home on Sunday?"
N: "Do we need to go to a pharmacy?"
J: "Um....I don't think so. So, I have to calibrate my CGM every twelve hours. That's a minimum of two tests a day."
N: "Is that going to be ok?"
J: "Weeeell, I'll just test before dinner today, just before bed, and then tomorrow when I get up, and then the last strip will depend on when we go home. I'm just going to have to trust me CGM and pay attention to how I'm feeling."
N: "But everything's ok?"
J: "Yeah, everything's going to be ok."
And that, friends, was the start of my holiday weekend. And I survived! More to come tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment