Friday, August 12, 2011

28 things

1. I'm heading back to the Italian consulate today for attempt #2 to get my visa! Wish me luck!

2. We had our first taste of Nick's glorious heirloom tomatoes last night. I made it through a whole tomato before I started not to like them. I WISH I liked tomatoes.

3. I woke up with a 98 blood sugar this morning. What a fantastic way to start the day!

4. Tonight we're having a party at our house, the last get together before we leave! Yesterday we made (or prepped):

5. Spinach Artichoke Dip
6. Hot Clam Dip
7. Wild Onion Dip
8. Taco Dip
9. Spinach and Cheese souffle thingy
10. Korean Pork
11. Nick's famous smoked chicken

12. At our party tonight, we're having door prizes! We still need to put this together, but prizes include such wonderful things as office supplies, holiday fleece blankets, half-full bottles of mustard, boxes of tea, tahini, angel food cake mix, soaps and body sprays! It's time to get rid of as much as possible!

13. The husband of one of my friends spent all day yesterday making various repairs around our house.
14. He fixed our front door frame
15. our front storm door
16. a window in our bathroom
17. two holes in that bathroom wall caused by moisture.
18. caulked the bathtub
19. fixed a hole in the sheet rock in one of our closets

20. We leave for Rome in 18 days. Sometimes I have dreams about it. At least my subconscious recognizes how awesome this experience will be. My waking moments are too filled with preparations to focus on the awesome.

21. We move out of our house in a week and a half. This weekend will be spent PACKING.

22. I got my lab results back from my doctor's appointment on Tuesday. All is completely normal, except for my blood sugar! It always makes me laugh that that box gets checked as abnormal. Yup. I have diabetes. My A1C was 6.0. Very glad for that, especially because I haven't been as stringent lately with my care. Obviously, I'm taking care of myself, but I've somehow managed to just let go mentally about diabetes.

23. I'm still working on making my You Can Do This Project submission! I'm determined to do this before leaving for Rome!

24. I finally, finally, finally finished everything for my first published article! I mailed off my disc of images (after spending $300 on two, yowch!) to one of the editors yesterday, and now it's out of my mind....for a few months at least.

25. Today is Bella's birthday! My gray, furry beauty is 6 years old today. (See the cat pictures to the right)

26. Nick made me breakfast and fancy coffee this morning. What a good husband! I guess that makes up for the fact that he woke me up before my alarm went off....

27. I won $7 in scratchers tickets this morning! Woohoo!

28. And what explains #s 26 and 27? Today is my birthday! Now I am 28 :) All I want for my birthday is a visa to Italy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers