So, Monday, we went to the visa office with everything in hand. Or so we thought. Neither of us left with visas or even with our application materials submitted. I have to get one last thing to prove that my library in Rome is recognized by the Italian government (oh, and everyone in Italy takes August off for vacation). Nick, unfortunately, won't be able to get a visa. So, he'll leave with me on August 30 and come back to Philly in November with the proper government issued document in hand and will try again to get his visa. Sigh.
And, Monday we also officially made the deal to sell my car! We had a family look at it on Sunday, they bargained with us a bit and agreed to purchase it the next day! So, the car I've been driving for eleven years will only be mine for another 10 days or so. Phew!
Yesterday, this busy Tuesday of my title, started with an endo appointment. Even in taking the 8:30 am appointment, I still had to wait almost 45 minutes before being seen! When they took my vitals, my blood pressure was a bit more elevated than normal (170/72), which I'm crediting to my current levels of stress. I briefly saw my endo (who called me her star patient....hmmm, I don't know about that) and met one last time with my beloved CDE. She and I went over all of my plans and backup plans. She gave me two new OneTouch meters so that I wouldn't have to worry about getting other FreeStyle backup strips (NOT covered by insurance). She wrote me all of the prescriptions I need for Plans A, B, and C for Project Diabetes in Italy, and we hugged goodbye. She even happily offered to consult with me on anything via email, even though I won't technically be a regular patient.
Then I went home for a couple of hours. I cleaned up, did some grading, had lunch, and then went off to my last visit with my regular doctor. Here, my blood pressure was back down to a very good range. She also lauded my control of my diabetes, did a physical exam, wrote me one last prescription, and then decided to run one last set of labs. Four vials of blood later (and a certain plastic cup filled with my specimen) and I was out of there.
And then! I met with a friend's husband who does repair work. He looked over all of the things that Nick and I want to fix before we have tenants move in and gave us an estimate. He'll be spending all day tomorrow at our house, fixing the front door frame, repairing a few flaws in a bathroom wall from water damage, repairing our front storm door, and patching a square of sheetrock in a bedroom closet. We also still need to get our bathtub reglazed and the front door frame painted. These are things we've been wanting to fix since we've owned the house, but the best laid plans, right?
Then Nick got home from some time at the office. I graded some more. I planned for today's class. Nick listed his car on craiglist and took care of getting our mail forwarded. I bought some extremely expensive images for my first publication (happy birthday to me, I just bought two photos for $300). Then we went through the guest bedroom to see what we could throw out.
And now, this is a typical day in our house. There is just so much to do before we rent a moving truck two weeks from today and get everything out. Then, Nick is taking a last minute trip to St. Louis while I prep our house for the new renters.
I can't believe how quickly time is flying by. So much to do, so many people to see, so many boxes to pack.
No comments:
Post a Comment