Seriously, where am I? Or better yet, where have I been?
Somehow, we have managed to transplant our busy Philadelphia lives to Rome. And I think this is a good thing, except for the fact that I don't have a lot of free time and I don't get enough sleep!
My typical schedule involves me going to my library or to another library or archive Monday through Friday during regular working hours. Then, we have something going on nearly every evening of the week. We started going to a pub quiz with a friend on Mondays. Tuesdays and Thursdays we have choir practice (which means us being out of the house from about 6:45 pm until 11:45 pm. Wednesdays are sometimes free, but we also sometimes try to catch up with friends then. Fridays are usually free, where we try to decompress after a long week. The last three to four weeks, I've also been dedicating at least a few hours an afternoon or two a week to giving tours or following others so that I might be comfortable leading those myself in the future. Oh, and I forgot to mention, Nick just joined a volleyball team! They practice twice a week, on Mondays and Wednesdays. Fortunately, it isn't too far from our apartment.
And then on the weekends, I keep us running. We usually sleep in a bit, but then I always get us out of the house to explore the city and see the sights. We don't go too crazy, but I like to make sure we aren't wasting any of our two years here. There is so much to see and do that we must take full advantage of our free time. Or at least that's what I think!
If I had to choose, I'd much rather be too busy than trying to find ways to fill my time. I think it just goes to show that Nick and I are pretty good at enjoying life, no matter where we happen to be living. Fortunately, we agree on this approach to life! We are definitely do-ers :)
Summary of this post: We are busy and it is hard to find time (to blog) in the midst of working hard and playing hard.
i had no idea italians played volleyball, so cool for nick!! and wow lady, you ARE keeping yourselves busy!!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are awesome. I'm glad you're taking full advantage of the Rome experience.
ReplyDelete