We took a trip to the Villa of Livia at Prima Porta, a special visit arranged by the travel company I work for.
Mosaics and frescoes, oh my!
We've also been trying to spend more time with friends, people coming through Rome, and, of course, eating as much as possible.
So good it needs a bib! (He likes me, I promise)
And then it was our fourth anniversary! We celebrated by taking a trip down to Sorrento and Capri.
At our hotel in Vico Equense
In the Blue Grotto
I've been wanting to go to Capri for years, after learning about the villas of the emperor Tiberius and the incredible views. So we did it! For this trip, we lucked out with some hotel and train deals. Living in Rome has its perks :)
Aside from the fun, we've been staying busy apartment hunting. We stumbled across an incredible deal and decided to go for it and gave our landlady our notice. Then.....it feel through. We've been scrambling to find a place ever since. We've seen several, have liked some, haven't liked others, and now we have two more to see before making our decision. All have perks and drawbacks, so we are evaluating what the best move is.
Diabetes wise, I've been struggling lately to find the right dosage for shots. I'm not sure exactly what the deal is, but I require MUCH more insulin on injections than I did on the pump. Instead of the 14-18 units a day on the pump, I'm using 22-28 units a day. I have a few theories as to why this is, but since it's diabetes we're talking about, who really knows?
Today I'm off to Siena for a quick overnight trip to see a dear friend. Then, I'll probably be headed to Florence and/or Venice later this month to see some other friends who are temporarily in Italy. I can't believe it's already June! It's sure to be a quick and busy summer!






All of this looks amazing! Especially the bib!
ReplyDelete