We moved!
Currently, we have no internet at the apartment. This is good because I do not waste my time in the evening doing nothing. Instead, I'm zooming through the second book in the Game of Thrones series and relaxing on the terrace. This is bad because we are relatively incommunicado and skype-less for catching up with friends and family.
I've been very busy giving tours this month since we are at the peak of tourist season now. I've also been trying to work hard during the week on my own work, since I only have a little time left before the libraries and archives close for the month of August. Yet at the same time, there is something about summer that makes me a little more sluggish, a little lazier. It must be the heat.
Next week, we're off for a quick trip to Venice so that I can see my advisor and some of my friends from when I lived there four years ago. Then, Nick comes back to Rome while I stay two nights in Florence, to see some other friends and another one of my professors. After that we have no solid travel plans. However, the beach calls, and so do the sites of Rome. I'm sure we'll keep ourselves occupied.
And now, back to work! Enough filching of internet for my own purposes :)


No comments:
Post a Comment