I realized recently that I very rarely write about this incredible city. Sure, Rome has been driving me crazy more often than not, but I know that when my time here is up I will be very sad. So, I thought I'd try to write a bit more about life here in Rome.
Last night, Nick and I went for a walk. Despite the fact that it was already starting to get a bit dark (we already had daylight savings time end) and that it would likely rain on us, we went for it. It did rain on us after all, but it also led to one of the most incredible things I've seen lately: heavy rain bouncing off of the enormous, lit-up pool at one of the city's biggest fountains. It was breathtaking.
After about 35 minutes of walking, after we had paused to watch the rain bounce off the water, I started getting that feeling. You know the one: something isn't right under your skin, your breath is a little shorter, your brain is a little fuzzy. I stopped to test and saw that my BG was at 71. Technically, not low, but it was. I could just tell. So, I popped some grape glucose tablets (my favorite) and leaned on Nick until I felt better.
Because of this experience and my hope to write more about Rome, I thought it would be perfect to post some photos of some places in Rome that I've had some lows:
Last night, the Fontanone (a fountain commissioned by Paul V in 1612 to celebrate the reopening of the Acqua Paola aqueduct):
![]() |
| Image Source |
The Protestant Cemetery:
The Colosseum:
The Vatican Gardens:
The gorgeous streets of Trastevere:
At least the scenery has been nice while recovering!




Incredibly beautiful scenery to recover to! Thanks for the pics.
ReplyDelete