2012 has been an amazing year in so many ways, but it's also been very trying. Dissertation, diabetes, the struggles of living in a different culture, missing my friends and family. But it's also been really wonderful in terms of new friendships, travelling, and just riding this roller coaster with the inimitable Nick.
I thought I'd do a photo recap post since my blogging in 2012 has been....less than regular.
January, I spent a good chunk of the month back in the States, sorting out visa issues and seeing family and friends:
February we had some gorgeous weather and took a bike ride on the Appia Antica:
In March, we went to Amstersdam and I attended a conference in Oxford. We also had some visitors in town!
In April, it was Easter and Nick's parents came for a visit:
May brought us some more friends visiting, plus our fourth wedding anniversary. We headed down to Sorrento and Capri to celebrate.
June I stayed VERY busy with tours, we moved into a new apartment, and we made a trip up to Venice to visit some friends.
In July, we climbed a mountain with some of our Italian friends:
In August, it was my birthday! This time we went to Salerno and the southern side of the Amalfi coast. We also said goodbye to some of our very dear friends in Rome.
September meant the arrival of some new friends in Rome and my library's 100th anniversary party
In October, I made a surprise visit to the States to meet my new niece and Nick surprised me with a trip to Thessaloniki:
November, we had our last performance with our Roman choir. We had to quit because my work is keeping me so busy. Also, Nick's sister and her husband came to visit. We had an amazing time and ate and drank very well. We also returned to Capri on this trip.
And then all of the sudden, it was December! We celebrated Nick's birthday by taking a trip to Munich, Vienna, and Budapest. Then we had our second Roman Christmas.
Overall, it was a great year. 2013 is looking to be even better, with our triumphant return to the States and a few fun trips before we head back. Happy New Year!












No comments:
Post a Comment