But, today has been a bit strange so far, so I thought I'd share a few snippets of it. It's only 1 pm, so I may be in for more!
I got up early this morning, got ready, Nick made me breakfast and we both got my lunch together. Then I was out the door and onto the bus to go back to the health agency to drop off the form. When this form gets dropped off, I THINK I will then be able to get insulin, needle tips, test strips, and lancets from the pharmacy for no charge.
If you've ever been to Rome, you know traffic is a bit crazy, especially in the morning, and that the buses are large and everywhere. As I sat by the right side window, reading my kindle, I noticed that a woman in a car was creeping up on our right side. The bus was about to make a right turn, a rather tight one at that, and this woman was convinced that she could - or should - beat the bus around the corner. As we creeped around, she kept moving forward, perhaps unaware of the laws of physics. And then, just in front of where I was sitting, CRUNCH. The bus driver immediately hopped out and started taking photos. All of us passengers exited the bus and many of them starting telling the driver how stupid it was that the woman had done that, etc. and an enormous crowd began to gather. Since I had other places to go, I started walking, but warned a few people on the route that they might be waiting awhile....
***************** A few hours later...... *************************
I got hungry for lunch early today, so I decided to go ahead and give myself insulin around 12:15 so that I could eat at 12:30. I knew my lunch contained a banana, a sandwich, and some popcorn, so I dosed accordingly. I started with the popcorn, and then reached into my bag to grab the sandwich only to discover that it wasn't there. Hm. Nick made it, I got him the baggie....but it never got from him to me to my bag. With active insulin, I improvised, grabbed a small slice of pizza from a nearby place, and hoped for the best.
Not the worst day, but a strange one. I'm hoping things go a bit more smoothly for the rest of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment