Friday, May 24, 2013

Five Years

Five years ago today, I married the man of my dreams.


I hate cliches, but it's true!  What an adventure we've had together.  Ups and downs, more ups and more downs.  Chronic illnesses, unemployment, transatlantic moves, culture shock.  We're better together, for now and forever.

First anniversary, camping in the Poconos

Second anniversary, day at Longwood Gardens and dinner at Morimoto

Third anniversary, dinner at Cuba Libre

Fourth anniversary, trip to Sorrento and Capri

Almost fifth anniversary, a small prosciutto factory outside Parma

I wouldn't be me without him, and I wouldn't want to anyway.  Today we're in Marseilles, France, enjoying some time off and celebrating our marriage.  I can't believe how much fun we've had in the last five years, how much we've grown and learned.  Nick is my rock, my love, my joy, and my best friend.  I am so grateful for him.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Hope it's a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!! You've packed quite a lot of adventure into those five years!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers