How big is baby: Spaghetti squash. She's weighing in at about one pound.
Weight gain: Maybe I'm up a bit? I have a doctor's appointment next week, so we'll see.
Sleep: I am definitely feeling the weight of the belly as I roll over at night. It went from easy to difficult overnight (pun intended)!
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Meh. Nothing notable. I almost wish I had cravings, because we often get to meal time and nothing sounds particularly appealing. I'm still eating (most definitely), but it mostly feels like work. I do get HUNGRY several times a day, and that's when I eat my normal snacks that never stop being satisfying: peanut butter toast, an apple and some cheese, etc.
Exercise: Not really. My dissertation is due in 24 days. Maybe after that I can focus my attention there. Perhaps it will also be a little warmer and the ground a little less snow covered. Then I'll probably be more up for walking.
Movement: She's definitely there a few times a day. Still no definitive jabs, but I know it will happen soon. Time is flying, remember?
Belly: Whoa:
Symptoms: Just a bit of stretching here and there. I'm still having to remind myself to slow down when going up and down stairs as I always regret when there's a spring in my step. Still tired, and then there's the issue of turning over at night (see the entry on Sleep).
Diabetes: For the first time in ages, I saw my first number over 200 earlier this week. Amazing how bad it made me feel, physically and emotionally. I'm just trucking along here. I keep telling myself that I'm doing my best, my numbers mostly look good, and she's going to be ok.
As the number of weeks creeps up, I keep getting more and more nervous for insulin resistance. I'm nervous to wait for a pattern to emerge before changing my pump settings because I don't want her to experience those highs. I'm also feeling like I'm running out of real estate for my CGM. It's started scarring more than it used to, so that I still have marks on my body from sensors that came out 6-8 weeks ago. Sometimes it's just a skin reaction, but other times it comes with a knot of tissue and some scarring. I'm sure I'll keep finding a place for it, but I look a bit like a leopard with shell-shaped spots.
Time is moving so fast. She'll be here so soon! We're test driving names a lot this week, but still have a long way to go until we settle on The One. Life moves so quickly, and I can't wait to have her be a part of my every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment