Just a quick note to say that there will be no updates on this thing until after we move on June 13. When I called to switch our internet to our new address, they made a mistake about the turnoff date at our apartment! They switched off our DSL dryloop circuit on June 1. I called to rectify the situation, but they cannot turn it back on. So, we'll get our DSL switched on at the new place on June 12.
I'm currently at Temple, frantically checking my three email accounts (personal, temple, and ccp), uploading things for my summer classes, making slideshows for teaching in 2 hours, etc. My job is inextricably tied to the web. I can't make my presentations for class without our online database, and if I were to use Powerpoint, I need the web for finding images. I had almost enough in my old files to take care of the presentations this week, but not enough.
We just spent last evening and the early part of today with Nick's uncle Eric, aunt Lorien, and cousins Merrick (5) and McKinley (2) and had a really fantastic time! It was a quick visit, but we packed in quite a bit: visiting our apartment and dinner last night, showing off our new house this morning, followed by a drive down Kelly Drive and Ben Franklin Parkway. Then the Comcast Center, Love Park, and Reading Terminal Market. We don't see our families enough, so it was great that they were able to finish up their New England vacation in Philly. Plus, I got my little people fix :) I'm so used to having small people around with my enormous family - siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews - that living so far from all of them makes me go through little people withdrawal. It was great to play with them, go running around fountains, and get sweet hugs and kisses from them.
I'm not sure how frequently I'll be checking my email, etc. between now and next weekend. But, we'll have a busy weekend painting, packing, and moving things slowly.
jasmine - who is your internet provider? we used verizon, and when we moved apartments, they messed something up, too, and when we threatened the cancel, they gave us FIVE free months of internet. so it might be worth your while to do some complainin'.
ReplyDelete