Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our weekend

Just a quick note to update you on what's been going on here in Philly.  We had our closing on Friday and everything went smoothly!  We signed our names 45 times or so and then walked away with the keys!  We had packed up our grill in the back of Nick's car before going to the closing, so we hit up the grocery store for some delicious steaks and ice cream and then went straight to the house.  It was a bit rainy, but we still had an excellent time grilling.  It's also helpful that the previous owners left an awning that covers a large part of the deck.

Saturday we got up early and headed to Lowe's.  We bought so much: paint, painting supplies, wallpaper removal supplies, a big trashcan for outside, a ladder, and many more things.  We went to the house and got to work!  We spent quite a while getting the wallpaper off the walls in two rooms.  One was quite difficult.  I'd must have been up for a long time.  After that, we washed the walls with TSP.

Then we moved on to painting!  Well, first we taped.  A lot.  But, we got the first coat done in the bedroom that day.  We worked until pretty late that evening, 9:00 pm or so.  We were exhausted.

Sunday was more of the same.  We got the second coat done in the bedroom, the first coat done in the guest bedroom, and much much more taping.  We had to quit early because my brother and his girlfriend were arriving the next morning and there was much to be done before their arrival.

James and Liz were here for 30 hours or so and we had a great time!  I'll post more about that later.  I intend to go into much more detail with pictures in future posts.  I'll blog about each room separately, and hopefully will also post about James' visit in more detail.  We've just been so busy with house stuff, visitors, and we get more visitors tomorrow!  Plus, I'm still teaching three nights a week, moving stuff over to the house slowly, and trying to maintain this apartment in the meantime.  I need some downtime soon.  Hopefully I can breathe a bit more this weekend, but I think that will be dedicated to more painting.

1 comment:

Followers