I've spent most of the day today working on getting more and more boxes unpacked as our first visitor will be here in less than 48 hours! Really, this means I've unpacked about 20 boxes, 4 suitcases, and 3 duffle bags full of books. This is what happens when you are a bibliophile, like I. I own an exorbitant number of books and only anticipate gathering more.
Anyhow, one of the things I unpacked was my wedding binder, where I kept all of the information for everything that day. Tucked in the pocket was the card that Nick gave me the day of our wedding. I couldn't resist re-reading it, since I think it's been 13 months since I read it. The card itself had truly touching sentiments about growing old together, nothing too cheesy and very sweet. The best part was the note inside from Nick, telling me exactly why he wanted to spend our lives together, how he knew his life would be better with me in it, and several other things. He even included a list of the reasons he loved me, one that was supposed to be a Top 50 but went well beyond that. I won't go into any more details, so as not to embarass my poor husband or to reveal any private sentiments, but it made my day to find it.

Nick and me, two weekends ago celebrating our friend Parker's birthday
On any given day, you can find me extolling the virtues of my incredible husband. Finding that card just reminded me again exactly why we're in this together, why we're partners and best friends. I am so grateful to have him in my life and know that I am a better person because of him. I don't really believe that people are halves and when married are made whole. I do believe that our individual whole selves go perfectly together, that two people couldn't be a better fit than we are. We're so different and yet so alike. I love him :)
SOOOO sweet!
ReplyDelete