We spent Saturday running errands. This is something we only do a few times a year because we hate it so much. It's true, I despise shopping. But, we needed to run to Crate and Barrel (I broke one of our platters a few months back), Nordstrom's (to return something), Nordstrom's Rack (Nick and I were both in need of new shoes, belts, and various items of clothing, the movie theatre (we're going to see Alice in Wonderland in Imax 3D on Tuesday night), Petsmart (stocking up on kitty supplies), Target (this is where we stock up on toiletries and various other housewares), Ross (another attempt at clothes), and finally Lowe's. As you can imagine, this took all day. And it was exhausting. We really prefer to stay home on the weekends since we're so busy during the week with work, teaching, studying, choir, and volleyball.
After church on Sunday morning (yay! Nick joined my choir!), we came home and made use of some of our new purchases from Lowe's. You see, my parents got us a firepit for Christmas to make our deck a little more cozy. As with all large gifts I receive at holidays, I returned it and meant to rebuy it here in Philly. Since we only go shopping a few times a year, we only repurchased the fire pit this weekend. We were inspired by the idea of making our outside more homey, so we also picked up a few outdoor chairs and a small table. What can I say, Lowe's was having a sale!
Why yes, that is snow that has yet to melt in our backyard.
We spent a few hours on Sunday afternoon in our new deck chairs and when it got a little cooler, we built our first firepit fire. We read books and started making plans for a spring sprucing up of our landscaping and other outdoor features. We've got some work to do in the front yard after all of that snow since some of our shrubs were damaged. We'll be staking some, but other things will just have to come out. We also started plotting our garden. We'll be starting some seeds very soon and then will plant them outside in a few weeks. Also, we've got a major project of refinishing our deck. And finally, in true Jasmine fashion, after getting anxious about several upcoming deadlines I re-routed my attention to planning a replanting of one of our flower beds and filling our window planter with herbs:
It's the perfect size for something like that and the kitties will be on hand to track their progress. They love to sit in this window.
The tricky part of all of this is finding the time. Now that's something I do bewail regularly, just not having the time to do all that I want. I do think that we'll get these things done. Then we just have to get the hot tub in working order and we'll be set!
No comments:
Post a Comment