Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo!

Surprise! I'm alive! I've been a slacker blogger lately but I'm hoping to rectify that soon. There is so much to post about - the JDRF Walk, Sarah being in town, the fun that we've had this weekend - and I fear that the longer I wait, the more retardataire they become. This is most true, however, with Halloween, so here are just a couple of photos from last night.

Nick and I had a whole series of costumes we considered. Ultimately we decided on Inspector Gadget and Penny. When we got to the thrift store and couldn't find a gray trench coat for him, we decided to let the clothes speak to us. We went from there.

I found these incredible pants you see below, and crafted an I Dream of Jeannie costume out of a top from the thrift store, a tank top I already owned, and a few things purchased from the fabric store:
Who could say no to those pants? My will was not strong enough.

We found Nick a bright red raincoat. After he did some googling, he discovered that a beloved literary stuffed animal from our childhood often wore a red raincoat. And thus, Paddington Bear was born:
Paddington with his briefcase, and the host of the party we attended last night, John.

Also at the party was my dear friend Erin! Or should I say Octomom?
It was a really fun night, a really good way to forget about all the stress of these grant applications for awhile. Yes, that is my grand excuse for my poor blogging habits. But! I got one grant completely finished and in the mail on Friday afternoon. Now I just have four more to go....three will be finished in the next 8 days and then I only have one left until my next deadline in March. Endless.

But stay tuned for some photos from last week. Trust.

2 comments:

  1. you look like such a pretty genie, my friend :) and i love that we can see your pancrease on your fabulous pants!! erin's costume is awesome, too, those lips made me bust out laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. Those octomom lips are hilarious.

    Love your creativity in piecing your costume together from all different places.

    ReplyDelete

Followers