We decided that it had been far too long since we'd been out on a date, so Friday was the night. We started off the evening with a (freezing) stroll through Rittenhouse Square.

We shuffled quickly into DiBruno Brothers to warm up and pick up some stocking stuffers, not to mention stuffing our faces with cheese samples. We purchased our wares and then headed to dinner at Village Whiskey. After a glorious dinner of the best burgers you've ever tasted and the delectable duck fat French fries, we crossed the street to Capogiro. I made friends with one of the guys working there, and he let me sample 8 or 9 flavors because I was having so much trouble deciding. I eventually settled on the pomegranate and Vietnamese cinnamon, and he gave me an extra mini scoop of the pumpkin. Not only was he my friend, but so was my insulin pump. Nick ended up having Bacio and Mexican coffee, an excellent combination.
We bundled back up and walked up to the Comcast Center to see their holiday show. Somehow, in the three previous Christmases that I've spent in Philly, I've missed this. Nick made sure that didn't happen this year.
After that, we walked back to Rittenhouse Square to go hear Anonymous 4, one of my favorite singing groups. I don't often talk on this blog about my love for music and singing, but this is one thing that is fundamental to my being, if that makes sense. I've been singing from a very young age, and Anonymous 4 sings in a style that cannot get enough of. They performed a Christmas program and it was absolutely breathtaking. We heard their concert two years ago, and I'm really glad it worked out to hear this year's program. Truly spectacular.
After that, we headed over to a friend's apartment to attend her Christmas party. We didn't stay too long, since we had to get up fairly early on Saturday morning.
After a two-hour dress rehearsal at church on Saturday morning for our Lessons and Carols service, Nick and I headed home for a few hours. Then, date night number two commenced. We drove out to Longwood Gardens, often featured here at Silver-Lined, to see their Christmas displays. I took dozens of photos, but many of them didn't turn out too well. Here are a few:


We walked around the conservatory and grounds for almost two hours, enjoying the lights and the incredible decorations. It was a perfect night for it, brisk and clear, and we loved every minute of it. We left and grabbed dinner at a local pub on the way home.
Sunday, we slept in, since we had our Lessons and Carols service at church that evening. The service was glorious, the music fantastic, and the turnout was incredible! I had such a good time being a part of it. We sang some of my favorite pieces. After the reception, we headed home for our third date night. Hence the post title. Actually, this date night just meant watching the movie Date Night. In our pajamas. It wasn't better, but somehow should have been funnier.
Now, we have a lot on our plates. Tomorrow, I'll be in DC for the day, visiting with a scholar and seeing a temporary exhibition at the National Gallery. Then Thursday, we're leaving for our trip to Missouri. There is so much to do between now and then, but I really can't wait. I'm missing my family and MO friends a lot lately, so it will be wonderful to see them. I'll try to behave myself and stay up to date with blogging, but I make no promises! Happy Holidays, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment