Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday BPs

That's bullet points, yo.

I'm fairly blah these days (read: boring), so I thought I'd post things without much coherency. Enter: bullet points.

  • Our second annual party was a big success! Lots of friends, lots of food, lots of fun. I have some photos, but since I'm in a bit of a rush, they will remain unseen for now.
  • The day after the party, I spent the day at a symposium at Princeton. After about 3 hours of sleep. I'm not sure how I survived the day.
  • Did I mention that I got a travel grant? This is not one of the big grants I applied for, but will help me pay my way to the Renaissance Society of America conference in Montreal in March. Yay!!!
  • Yesterday, the kitties caught the first mouse of this winter. We decided that the cats had named him Gunther, and we weren't convinced that this was murder. It may have been manslaughter. Hopefully someday we'll find the way the mice are getting inside. Or we'll just have lots of work for the cats to do.
  • My blood sugars have been most unpleasant lately. My highs have been very stubborn. For example, last night I was coasting in the upper 200s for a few hours, and that number just wouldn't budge. The culprit? Egg nog. For some reason, I can't learn my lesson that diabetes takes the joys out of life's simple pleasures. I bolused appropriately, but that delicious, delectable holiday treat just wrecked my evening. How sad.
  • Finally, tomorrow is Nick's birthday! My old man just keeps getting older. As is usual, we have an interesting menu planned: a delicious truffle salami and a barolo salami, caviar with creme fraiche and crackers (Nick had a craving), trout almandine, spinach pie, and rugelach. I spent this morning making the rugelach. I will likely not eat too many because they are carb central, but the birthday boy will enjoy it for sure.
And I suppose that's it. Now, off to campus for the last time this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers