Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Here and There

Wow, I'm so glad to have escaped safely on this side of these last couple of weeks! Such excitement and adventure! Such stress! Things are slowing down a bit for us and really not a moment too soon.

I've actually taken lots of pictures in the last two weeks and I plan to share those here in the near future. I thought I'd just pop in tonight and say hello. Here's what I've been up to since my last blog post:

  • My sister came to visit!! Amidst lots of snow and ice, she managed to fly out of southwest Missouri and into Philadelphia with only minor delays. We had LOTS of adventures while she was here, including an overnight trip to NYC. So much fun!
  • I spent four days the following week in NYC for a conference. This is the biggest conference in my field, and it was a mixture of exciting, exhausting, boring, and fascinating, and led me to consume more caffeine than was probably good for me.
  • While I was at that conference, Nick made a surprise trip to Florida! Well, it really was just a surprise for his grandparents. Lots of other people knew he would be there. He has some family there, and his sister and parents met him down there. Big reunion to visit with some family. I was sorry to miss it!
  • Nick and I joined a community center! I've managed to get there four times in the last two weeks, despite my busy-ness. I have learned that yoga does VERY good things for my blood sugars. Surprising things. I'm still figuring out the best course of action.
  • I've officially turned in a draft for my first publication!!! This has been the cause of most of my stress lately. I got so stressed about it today that I actually went to the gym and ran. For thirty minutes. I hate to run. Hate it. But I was so anxious that my body was telling me a run was just what I needed. It was right. I'm pretty slow, but I managed to get in almost 2.5 miles in that time. I'm now grateful that the stress has dissipated a bit.
  • I think I've finally got a handle on my weird evening and overnight blood sugars. I've been waking up under 110 for the last week and a half and only one overnight low. I'm pretty happy with that.
And I think that's it for now. I'll be back soon with some photos, but now it's off to bed. I've got an early morning tomorrow as I move on from this deadline to the swiftly-approaching next one.

3 comments:

  1. stress-induced run, i'll have to try that :)

    fingers crossed on the publication submission, chica. and can't wait to see some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're back. I totally feel you on the stress run. They are so helpful, and always leave me feeling better.

    Is this a publication for a journal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers