I'm going to remember him like this:
We lost my grandfather on Monday, Dec. 12 in the early evening. How I wish I could have hugged him one last time.
My sweet, sweet husband asked me last night if I wanted to do something, anything, to commemorate him here since we won't be able to return for the memorial service. I'm not sure exactly what we'll do, but I know that I plan on telling Nick all of my favorite stories about my grandpa. Many of them involve the innumerable family float trips we took during the summer when I was growing up. He loved the outdoors.
I'm looking forward to being with my family when I do get to return to the States in just a few weeks.

So sorry to hear about your loss - what a special person to have had in your life :)
ReplyDeleteAll my thoughts and prayers x
I'm sorry about your grandfather. It's tough to be away for something like this. I'll send a special prayer up for you and your family.
ReplyDelete