Friday, December 16, 2011

Thirty

Today, my dear husband turns 30!!  We are doing what we can in the midst of a hectic and emotional week to celebrate him and all of his thirty years on this earth.

On Wednesday, he followed the Italian tradition of bringing treats to share with your friends to his volleyball practice.  Today, we're taking three cakes he baked to share with our choir friends (they are BIG eaters).  We thought we'd give them an American style birthday celebration.  Tonight, we'll be going out to dinner with a couple of our American friends at a restaurant in our new neighborhood that we've been wanting to try.

Us last weekend, at the Christmas Market in Trento
Last year, on his 29th birthday, I started thinking about what we might do to celebrate this milestone of his.  I assumed that I would probably be living in Italy, so I would come home in time to throw him a party and celebrate Christmas.  As you know, those plans changed.

And how grateful I am that they did.  I can't imagine what my life would be like here without him.  It wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

Today, I am celebrating him and am so, so grateful that he was born thirty (!!) years ago today.  Nick is my best friend, my partner in all things, and my biggest fan.  I am incredibly lucky to have such a supportive, adventurous, fun-loving husband who cooks, cleans, and loves me even when I'm being ridiculous.

I could never be me without him.  Happy, happy, happy Birthday, Nick!!!

3 comments:

  1. A belated Happy Birthday to Nick. Catching up on blogs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Nick! Hope it was a great one, as was the holiday. Here's to a great new year, as well!

    ReplyDelete

Followers