We met our freshmen year of college as suitemates and were veyr close from then on. We had the same major, we lived together for awhile, and it was terrible leaving her when we graduated four years ago. She went back to St. Louis and later to Philly for her MA while I moved to Colorado.Life isn't always so friendly, though. Sarah is leaving Philadelphia in 2 days to move back to St. Louis. It's something she's wanted to do for some time - go back to where she's from and where the majority of her family is. Things rapidly fell into place, and she let me know nearly two weeks ago that she would be moving back to STL almost immediately.
I'm so happy for her, that things are happening as she wants them to happen, that she found a great job that she's excited to begin. But then there's that large part of me that couldn't possibly be any sadder to see her go. She's family to me, my family here in Philly, and I cannot even figure out how to put into words how I feel about this. All I can say is that I'm happy for her that things are working out for her, but terribly sad to see her go.
I'm going to stop there before I ramble on incoherently. If you want to see more pictures and read a more in-depth version of our story, you can check out Sarah's blog here. Tomorrow's the last time I'll see her here before she leaves. Fortunately, St. Louis is a place that Nick and I frequent pretty regularly, so I'm trying to hold on to that, to look forward to seeing her when we're there. It won't quite be the same, but you have to learn to work with the circumstances as they stand. Sari, I love you and hope that someday in the future we might get to live in the same place again. I know we were lucky to do it for almost two years, but I hope it happens again someday.
awwww, thank you lady for your kind and supportive words. i know it's hard to be happy for a person when her choices only end up making you sad. so hopefully we WILL get to see each other TONS and TONS over the next few years to cancel out any possible sadness. i am definitely bummed to go, but happy, too, and i KNOW that we will reunite several times each year. i'll definitely come back to visit you in philly :)
ReplyDelete