I've been reading lots of blog posts that are year-in-reviews of 2009 or about resolutions for the new year and new decade, and I think I'd like to add my voice to that at some point. However, I'm just not ready to do that. When Nick has time off and I do too, blogging is one of the last things I want to do. In the meantime, I'll be thinking about what the 2010s might hold for us and hopefully might say something about that and how I thought 2009 turned out (preview: it was awesome).
I will tell you how we spent our New Year's Eve. Nick picked me up from the airport around 12:45. We went to Pei Wei for lunch. Then we went to the grocery store and shopped and picked up 2 Redbox movies. Then we came home, I loved on the cats, we started playing Wii (Super Mario Galaxy, Band Hero, and Beatles Rock Band). I was doing laundry simultaneously with this, and during our second load of laundry out of 7 or so, our washing machine belt broke. We made dinner, watched Paranormal Activity (meh, not really scary) and then Julie and Julia (perfect for 2 foodies), and then went to bed! It was 10:45 or so. I had gotten up so early to catch my 6:00 am flight out of Springfield. I was clearly tired, as I didn't hear my 12:00 am text messages and did not wake up until 9 am today when Nick woke me up. There was no watching the ball drop since we don't have TV.
We'll be relaxing mostly this weekend. We've got a few errands to run today, some more Wii to play, Nick will be fixing the washer, and then I'll be finishing up that laundry. While I loved visiting my family for Christmas, it's really nice to be home and great to spend a little time with Nick before it's back to the grindstone for me on Monday.
You are cute and greatly missed. Happy New Year, sis!
ReplyDelete