Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mii-ow

I've been trying to figure out how to write this post without sounding like a complete weirdo. I just don't think there's any getting around it.

Nick has been wanting a Nintendo Wii for a very long time. Years even, but we never bought one because they are expensive and his wife is a cheapskate who thinks that $200 would be much better spent on paying bills or buying groceries. Because it's not just $200. Then you have to buy games, accessories, and more accessories, and this cheapskate thinks that there are much better things to be spending money on. Don't get me wrong, I really love playing Wii, but I do not like spending money.

Anyhow, Nick got one for Christmas! He even got a few accessories and had been saving up some money to buy a system, so he got to spend some of that on games instead. We also got an amazon giftcard that allowed us to purchase the Wii Fit Plus, which I am now in love with.

Nick got back to Philly a few days before I did and started playing the Wii. When I got home on New Year's Eve, we shortly headed to the basement where we are keeping the system. (Sidenote: I have this habit when I'm gone for any significant period of time of asking Nick if the kitties made me a welcome home banner. I have a serious problem with anthropomorphizing them into my children. I am weird, see?) We started it up, and I knew the first thing I needed to do was make my Mii. I go to that section of the game to do that, and see three Miis already in the Mii plaza. I recognize Nick's, but can't figure out who the other two are. I click on them to find out, and this is what I see:


(I apologize for the retched pictures, but I couldn't figure out how to do a proper screen capture or email them to myself from the system.)
Yes, Nick has made Miis for our kitties. This just proves he is as strange as me.

The best part? A bit later I notice we have some messages on our system. I open them up and find that each kitty has made me a welcome home message. Not quite a banner, but I'll take it.

But really, it gets better. I never tire of seeing them. When we play certain games, all of the Miis participate. When we played baseball against each other on Wii Sports, Bella was Nick's catcher and Colby was mine. We just got our Wii Fit Plus yesterday, and I quickly discovered that my kitties and Nick were participating in nearly every game I played! They threw soccer balls to me, they ran alongside me, they threw hula hoops to me, they did Kung Fu with me, they were there in step aerobics, and they even played instruments in the rhythm parade, Nick on the drum, Bella on tuba, and Colby on flute. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I apologize, but can I just say how much more fun it is to do step aerobics when your cats are showing you the proper steps? Or meeting you at the finish line of a short run? I think Nick has just worsened my habit of anthropomorphizing the poor cats.

So here's our little Mii family:

I only wish I could get a better shot of Bella.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha. this makes me laugh! too bad you couldn't put a white bandana on colby ;)

    (and don't worry, kevin and i are just as strange)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome.

    I'm right there with you about being cheap with gaming systems. Nik wanted an XBox forever and I kept saying no. Then he went out of town one week and I missed him tons and thought "I should just get him one." I sucked it up and bought it for him. I got the "wife of the year" award. Haha. Now, I love the XBox just as much as him - a Wii would be nice too! Happy New Year, Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your you mii looks almost exactly like the you mii on my wii.

    ReplyDelete

Followers