But I'm very annoyed at this right now. I get sick far too often, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I've been like this off and on since high school, when I used to get strep throat several times a year. In college I got sick fairly frequently too. I took a few years off from the constant stream of illnesses, and I seem to be back to it again.
Seriously, I cannot figure this out. I have good hygiene and hand-washing habits. I avoid touching my face throughout the day. I wash my hands before I eat. I eat a pretty well-balanced diet. Even though I don't take a multi-vitamin daily, I think I'm getting most of my nutrients from my diet. I eat fruits and vegetables. What is wrong with my immune system??
The symptoms du jour: sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and aching neck, dull headache, congestion, and general fatigue. I really want to hop back into bed today too, but I cannot. I teach my new class at Arcadia for the first time today. Then I'm carpooling with my friend to Bryn Mawr where we'll spend a few hours in the library before the class that we're sitting in on begins. That will last until 6 pm, and then we'll head home. I can't head straight to bed, unfortunately, because one of my friends is coming to stay two nights with us as she drives through Philly on her way to Vermont, and she's getting here around 9 pm.
Here's hoping that I'll be better soon, and ward off next week's cold, and the next, and the next.
awww, friend, i'm so sorry to hear this. i think like you said before, maybe it's the stress that is causing your immune system to not be able to fight off sickness.
ReplyDeletedo you take vitamin c? and i know there are other natural ways to help the immune system... maybe look into some of those?? ugh. i just hope you start to feel better ASAP.
That's the thing I forgot! I drink Emergen-C every day, which is 1000 mg of Vitamin C. It makes even less sense.
ReplyDelete