Friday, June 25, 2010

Four for Friday

Just four things here:

1. I finally emailed PW's prize wrangler for my iPad's tracking number since I was getting tired of staring out the window all day, waiting for the FedEx truck. Turns out my iPad is still in China :( The good news is that it should arrive Monday morning!

2. We have a seriously jam-packed, fun-filled weekend planned! Tonight, I'm meeting up with friends for Art After 5 at the PMA! Tomorrow, we're heading to the Manayunk Arts Festival with Parker and Ashley and then perhaps a housewarming party in the evening. Sunday, we're going to Taste of Philly at Penn's Landing to eat lots of food by some of Philly's best loved restaurants. This is part of Philly's annual two week celebration of Independence Day. I plan on ending my weekend festivities with a concert in Chestnut Hill. It's The Crossing, which features three of my favorite sopranos from church choir. Fun!

3. Colby spends most of his days sleeping in the basket. See?

4. I need a recipe to use up all of the zucchini from our garden! I've already made a baked, crunchy zucchini thing with two of them. We have two more in the fridge and two more almost ready to be picked. Criteria for my dream zucchini recipe: delicious, baked good, not so bad for a diabetic. This will be my afternoon project.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Zucchini Bread! ( I use olive oil instead of canola)
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/zucchini_bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks pretty good! It's a little higher in carbs than is good for me, but sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut up the zucchini and put it in a skillet with a little butter, greek seasoning, and lemon and pepper seasoning. TO. DIE. FOR. It's great as a side dish, but I have even been known to eat it as a meal by itself because it's so damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. the key to making it taste delicious is the greek seasoning and the lemon and pepper seasoning. The greek seasoning you can get at any grocery store. It comes in a yellow bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's true, i have tasted her zucchini and it is heaven.
    colby in the basket makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers