Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lucky Duck

I have a deep and abiding love for The Pioneer Woman. I started reading her website about two years ago when I was hunting around for some fun food blogs, and like everyone does, I fell completely in love. Although I don't homeschool my (nonexistent) children nor do I consider myself a photographer, I love all of the sections of her site and read them all religiously.

One extra reason I love her is that I've been lucky enough to win some prizes on her site, via the Smartypants quizzes she posts in her Homeschooling section and one random drawing also. About a year ago I won an Amazon.com giftcard from a quiz and I won one of her cookbooks from a randon drawing in November.

The other night, I was browsing the web right before going to bed and I saw that a Smartypants quiz was starting in just a couple of minutes. I decided to stick around and try my chances.

It's a good thing I did! Here's the result:

I won an iPad!!!! I don't have an Apple obsession, have never owned or wanted an iPhone, but I did have the chance to play around a bit with my brother-in-law's brand new iPad when we visited San Diego. These things are slick. So pretty to look out, so easy to use. Plus I've been interested in an ebook reader as a way to make myself a lighter traveler. I'd never seriously considered buying one, though, because I am a cheapskate.

I seriously can't believe how lucky I am. I think the day may be shot for work, even though I'm on campus "working" at the library. I'm just too excited! Thanks, PW!

2 comments:

  1. wow. my husband will be so jealous. as am i - because he is stuck on the idea of buying one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, ADORE the PW! :) I'm constantly reading and commenting in hopes of winning something fabulous. You are EXTREMELY lucky and fortunate :) I hope that you keep the luck going throughout your life! You certainly deserve it! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers