I started getting antsy last week when I felt like I couldn't leave the house for fear of missing its delivery. I finally sucked it up and emailed PW's prize lady to ask for the tracking number. Although it was fun to watch it travel, when I got the tracking number it was still in China :(
Fortunately that didn't last too long.

It was simply packed. Nothing fancy.
And this photo proves that my iPad and netbook CAN be friends, despite Apple's hopes of quashing that market:
So shiny!
It took forever to sync, or maybe I just have little patience. So far, I've downloaded iBooks, the Caravaggio exhibition app, Glucose Buddy, NPR, NYTimes, GoMealsHD, Google Earth, The Weather Channel, Netflix, Gravity HD, and an Italian flashcard program. I have a few more I plan to check out today, but so far I'm loving Glucose Buddy and GoMealsHD as tools in my diabetes self-management.
I had a fantastic weekend filled with friends, food, and fun. Those are basically the best ingredients to make a good weekend. And for all of you zucchini lovers out there, we've now pulled 7 out of the garden, and I solved my last zucchini conundrum with a recipe for Zucchini Oatmeal bread that I made this morning. Met all of my requirements: baked good and diabetic friendly. It's still cooling, so I haven't tasted it yet. I had so much zucchini shredded that I made a double batch. I think I may give a loaf to our brand new neighbors who moved in yesterday, along with a few bottles of Nick's first batch of homebrew, which will be bottled tonight. What can I say, we're from the midwest! We want to welcome them properly!
And now back to playing with my iPad...for the rest of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment