I made a joke about being turned into the bionic woman and I got a wide variety of responses. Some were incredibly confused about what this was, others were excited for me, others thought it meant that my health was out of control, still others made jokes about me turning into a superhuman :)I had an appointment on Tuesday with the Medtronic rep to get this CGM sensor inserted to do a blind study. There was something of a failure in communication between me and my endo, as it was the Medtronic lady who informed me that this study was to help my doctor determine what sort of settings my future pump will require. I'm wearing it until Friday, taking detailed notes over all of my activities, eating, medications, and 4 blood glucose readings a day. Then I pop it into a FedEx envelope, send it back to Medtronic, and they process the data for my doctor. When my endo had me set this appointment, I thought it was just me trying out a CGM to see if I like it. What's actually happening is better than what I thought was happening.
I have an appointment August 17 to meet with the CDE to talk further about pumps. Hopefully I'll get to test out a few before deciding which one is best for me. At my appointment on Tuesday, I got to play around with the Medtronic model. That was my first experience seeing one (fake) inserted, programming in carbs and types of boluses. It got me really excited to get one of my own.
Even though I can't see the readings from the CGM, I really like it so far. I guess a better way of saying that is that it hasn't bothered me. No problems with exercising, showering, or sleeping. I'd love to see what it's readings are, but I know that will be happening in the near future.
Tomorrow I'll be posting a recipe as part of D-Feast Friday. I probably haven't been diligent enough about tracking how specific meals have affected my blood glucose levels. Instead of posting a single recipe, I'll be keeping track of how dinner tonight affects me. It will be a well-balanced meal with plenty of deliciousness involved. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
I am glad you like it because it sounds like it will help you so much. This D thing may make you healthier than any of us!
ReplyDeleteyou take that out yourself?!?! owie!!
ReplyDeletecrazy balls.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! This is some great exposure to wearing a sensor!
ReplyDeletePumps rock. For CGMS, I like my Dexcom better than the Medtronic CGM, as it's more comfy, but IMO any pump is wicked better than no pump.
ReplyDelete