This is a good look for me, no? Shades courtesy of my ophthalmologist.
Today I had my first dilated eye exam. This is something that we with diabetes are recommended to do annually, in addition to the foot exam, the 2 flu shots, the pneumonia shot, etc. etc. etc. In certain circumstances (ie pregnancy) it's recommended even more often. Gotta keep an eye on those little tiny nerves! I know it's terrible for anyone to go blind, but can we just talk about what a problem that would be for an art historian? My eyes are one of my most valuable resources.
Fortunately, all is well! I knew as someone with a very recent diagnosis that the likelihood of damage already was unlikely, but I was still a bit nervous. My doctor thinks I was diabetic for a year before diagnosis, so surely my glucose levels were seriously out of control during that time. I don't want any complications, and I know that if I continue to take care of myself and vigilantly fight against my rogue pancreas that things will be ok. Still, the longer I have this disease, the more my chances of complications grow.
Still, I'm going to celebrate a good first trip to the ophthalmologist and focus on how good I'm feeling even on the second day of my new treatment plan. With my new Humalog injections, my glucose levels have ranged from only 75 to 117, no lows and no highs. Even D-life can be good!
I still have those pseudo-sunglasses in my car from my last exam. My husband likes to put them on every time we drive somewhere.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the happy visit!
Those shades are HOT! Haha!
ReplyDeleteSeriously though - congrats on a clean bill of eye health! I'm at 30 years with T1, and no complications. Keep working! :-)