Is that just how it works? That the times when I feel the busiest are also the times when I have my quarterly endo appointment?
Next week I have to go get my labwork done at the hospital AND have a physical with my PCP (more on that later...). Plus I'm on campus three days a week for Italian and I'm working on a paper for the conference I'm attending in Rome. Then, two weeks later, I have to have that paper finished for a practice talk in my department. The only possible day that I could schedule that practice talk is the same day as my morning endo appointment.
There are times that I feel like I'm flailing around, trying to do it all, take care of myself, my home, my husband. Today I woke up with one of those headaches with stabbing pains every time I move my left eye. My new normal is waking up at 5:40 everyday (that gives me 1-2 snoozes) so that I can leave the house at 7:00 so I can get a free street parking spot. This is one of our new strategies for saving money since train tickets are PRICY. My house is more messy than I'd like. I'm getting less than 7 hours a sleep most nights. And I desperately need to be more productive during the day. There are some wonky things happening with my overnight numbers that I need to iron out.
So I'm trying to remind myself today that I always get it all done. That sacrifices must be made in order to save money/maintain my health/succeed at my career. I'm having trouble right now finding a good balance between all of these things, but I know that I'll get through it. That there are so many people who have it harder than I do. That I need to breathe and remind myself that there are enough hours in the day, that I just have to figure out how to manage them right.
And that Rome is right around the corner! I leave in less than a month for my 10-day trip. Nothing could be better than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment