I'm back!! I returned home last night. Despite my exhaustion from a long flight and readjusting over six time zones, I woke up this morning around 4 am. Doh!
So, which types of D-blogs and bloggers that are different from me do I admire most? There are definitely two which come to mind for me. First, as a Type 1/Type 1.5/LADA, diagnosed at 26, I find the most hope in the blogs of those who have been living with Type 1 for decades. In the grand scheme of things, I'm still relatively new at being a D-Queen. I was only diagnosed 15 months ago, despite the fact that I would hardly recognize the life I had before Feb. 4, 2010. Those days when I am so tired of this disease, I am reminded by so many fantastic bloggers that this is a lifelong journey and battle, and that one day is only one day. Three bloggers in particular come to mind, maybe because they are the D-blogs I've been reading the longest: Kelly, Karen, and Kerri. Now I'm wondering, is it just a coincidence that they are a triumvirate of Ks?
The other type which holds my admiration most strongly are the parents who are taking care of their children with this disease. Although I don't have any children, I can imagine the strength it must take to fight diabetes on behalf of someone who they love so fiercely. I can't really know what it's like for loved ones of Type 1s (thank goodness I cannot), but to read what these parents write, what they go through, how much they love and care for their children, teaches me about this different perspective. I can then maybe understand a bit better what this is like for my husband, for my parents and siblings, and my friends.
And, since this was rather rambling and slightly incoherent (lack of sleep!), I thought I'd end with one of the 600+ photos that I came home with from Rome.
No comments:
Post a Comment