Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Week in Cabo

Oh, vacation. I miss you so much already! Not that I've had the most productive week so far since I've been back as it seems my brain still thinks we're on vacation.

I just wanted to give a quick recap of our trip. I plan to do a diabetes-specific post in the very near future, but here are a few illustrative photos and a recap of our lovely week in Cabo San Lucas.

The view from our balcony:
Our resort was incredible! We stayed here because our friend Ashley had the winning bid for this stay at a charity auction. And continuing her charitable ways, she and her boyfriend Parker invited Nick and I along for the trip! I didn't take any photos of our villa, but it was so beautiful. Parker and Ashley stayed in the enormous master suite and Nick and I had our own section of the villa as their guests. We shared a beautiful open living room, dining area, and kitchen, and maybe the most perfect balcony I've ever seen.

After settling in, we hit up the grocery store to stock up on a week's worth of breakfasts and lunches. Then, we headed out to dinner. A stroll along the beach and then we had sushi!

Parker and Nick

Ashley and me

Getting our feet wet was too much to resist. Unfortunately, the ocean had other plans for us.
And then it stole my flipflops! Ashley and I worked together to retrieve them, but not after banging our heads together and other shenanigans.
Good thing Nick was manning the camera? Anyhow, I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life.
Almost all of the restaurants at the resort had an incredible view over the water.
One day, we hopped a water taxi to go see El Arco. Apparently, it doesn't always have sand beneath it. It was too treacherous for us to actually get to walk beneath it, though.
Ashley and I with the Pacific and its monster waves:
We also went deep-sea fishing at sunrise!
Here's me, struggling with our first bite of the day: a marlin!

In the end, it got away but not for lack of trying. A little while later, we hooked another and Parker managed to reel it in!

One night, we decided to have a chef come to our room! Actually, it was more like four chefs and a waiter. It was incredible food and such a fun experience. And it gave me the opportunity to snap this picture of Nick:
Ohhhhh, I love my husband!

On our last full day, we went snorkeling at Santa Maria Beach and Chilleno Bay. It was beautiful! It also gave us another chance to see El Arco and even a few sea lions lounging about!
After snorkeling, we headed to The Office. This place was beautiful: right on the beach with bright blue umbrellas, and pink, green, and yellow everywhere.
And the food was AMAZING. And it was way too much food. See?
But it was definitely the best meal we had in Mexico, in my opinion.

It was a fabulous vacation of relaxation, good food, and good friends. It was a really excellent way to spend time with Parker and Ashley before we dash off to Rome. They are absolutely two of our bests in Philadelphia and we'll miss then terribly.

We ate pretty darn well, we relaxed by the pool and on the beach for hours every day, I read as much as possible, and just enjoyed being on vacation. It had been far too long since Nick and I were able to do this, and it would not have been possible without Ashley and Parker.

1 comment:

  1. dude your trip looked incredible and i know you had a wonderful time :) cannot wait to hear more about it OVER THE PHONE on our next phone date ;)

    ReplyDelete

Followers