I must admit, I am a bit sad to miss out on a traditional American Thanksgiving. Although we've been unable to travel back to Missouri for the last several years, Nick and I, every year since we've been married, have made a much too large meal, once for us and two friends and two times for just the two of us. We have so much fun spending the day in the kitchen and then enjoying the meal we prepared.
I suppose we could have made ourselves a big meal, put our order in for a turkey and wrangled all of the other ingredients, although it would have been difficult. But, we just moved to a new apartment in the last two days and we have choir rehearsal tonight, which means a good amount of time on public transportation and wishing our Roman friends a Happy Thanksgiving :) We've been invited to a big T-Giving dinner on Saturday, so we're looking forward to that.
I'm trying to stay positive, though! I have so much to be thankful for. SO much.
Lately Blogger is giving me trouble and won't let me upload photos, otherwise this would be an illustrated post with drool-worthy turkey photos, and other images to illustrate my thankful list.
Without further ado:
- My family. That word encompasses so many people since I have such a weird and wonderful family. I have 6 siblings, 4 nieces and nephews, 2 moms, 2 dads, more grandparents than I'm willing to count because I'm afraid I'll miss someone. Then there are the aunts, uncles, and cousins whom I love so much. And finally, I have a wonderful family that I acquired when Nick and I got married. I'm so grateful for all of them.
- My friends. Really, I consider so many of them family. In Missouri, in Colorado, in Iowa, in Pennsylvania, and now hear in Rome, we are so lucky to have incredible friends.
- The opportunity to live in Rome. Even though life here can be quite frustrating, in so many ways, I am so grateful that we are here now, that we are happy and thriving, adventuring and exploring. I know that this is a once in a lifetime thing, and I'm not wishing it away.
- My cats. Those sweet babies make our life that much better. Totally worth the hassle of bringing them to Italy!
- Finally, Nick. He sees the best and worst of me and manages to love me the same at both ends of the spectrum. He encourages me. He makes me laugh. He loves an adventure. He's willing to give up our lives and move to a foreign country for two years. I couldn't be me without him. I am so thankful that he is my partner.
We do have so much to be thankful for! Living in Rome sounds incredible :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's not just me with the infusion set issues. Whereabouts on your back to you use as a site? My thighs are currently working out pretty well :)