Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day data

So here it is, the graph from Thanksgiving day:



First, thank goodness for CGMs. Although I do not love exactly what this graph shows me, I'm really glad that I have the ability to see it.

I did pretty well most of the day. I spiked a bit after a breakfast of steel-cut oats, but it settled down pretty quickly. I did a massive bolus about 15 minutes before eating. This bolus was so big that my pump wouldn't even let me give myself all of it. Yes, I went higher than I like to, but I'm also not beating myself up about this. I was just a bit over 200 and that after a huge Thanksgiving meal (more on that tomorrow).

My assessment of my first major holiday with diabetes: ok. I've learned some things and will be sure to use that knowledge come Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers