Today has been both relaxing and busy. We did all of our perishable Thanksgiving shopping and made a variety of other stops along the way, getting things done and situating ourselves so that we probably don't have to leave the house the rest of the weekend!
After some sensor troubles yesterday, I was pleased to see this this morning:

Well, I didn't love the number, but I was so happy to see my two devices corresponding so closely. Yay!
We headed out fairly early, with stops for Christmas shopping and practical shopping. Then we headed to Whole Foods to get our produce. Yes, we spent more money than if we had gone to our normal store, but the quality is just unbeatable. A little spoiling on Thanksgiving never hurt anyone.
Nick and I decided to stop by the library on the way home. See, we have a holiday tradition where we make a big list of Christmas movies and try to watch as many of them as possible between Thanksgiving and leaving for MO for Christmas. We started working on this over the weekend, and soon discovered that Netflix had almost none of our movies on instant. It became clear that the library would need to supplement our Netflix in order to make this happen. We picked up a few that they had at the library:

Then, after a little relaxing, we got to work on some of our Thanksgiving side dishes. I took point on the chipotle cranberry sauce. First, soaking some dried peppers:

Nick handled the onion marmalade (a new addition to our Thanksgiving repertoire):

Nick's prep work:

And in the middle of cooking:

I must admit, I'm a little nervous about the cranberry sauce. Not making it, as it's an incredibly easy recipe, but I am a bit scared of eating it. Look at all of this sugar, poured over fruit with lemon juice!

I am very serious as I cook:


And our finished products, chipotle cranberry sauce and onion marmalade:

I had a small taste of both, and they are delicious! We've got quite a bit to do tomorrow and, of course, plenty of cooking ahead of us on Thursday itself, but today felt like a good start. More pictures tomorrow!
Yum.
ReplyDelete