Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Cheesesteak Chronicles

Every time we have a visitor in town, we always get a cheesesteak. Our favorite place to go is Tony Luke's, where they get all aspects of the cheesesteak right:

YUM

Since we currently have one of Nick's best childhood friends in town, we got lunch at Tony Luke's today. The cheesesteak presents quite the challenge to a D-Queen: lots of bread, lots of fat, lots of delicious badness. Plus, we always get some of their Italian fries.

I've eaten at Tony Luke's a few times since I was diagnosed, and I just haven't been careful enough to keep track of exactly how it treats me. When I sat down, I was at 114. I bolused for 80 grams of carbs and set a dual wave bolus over two hours. As I ate more fries than I had planned, I added a bit of insulin with my easy bolus function. Then I ate half of the sandwich, and it was good.

I'm trying to keep better track today of how this puppy treats me since I always get the same thing at Tony Luke's. That way I can plan better for our next round of visitors who want a cheesesteak. I'm thinking that I'll be coasting high for awhile, but maybe I'm wrong. I think this will be even easier to gauge when I've got my CGM. I'll keep you posted on the cheesesteak chronicles.

2 comments:

  1. 1. What's the difference between French Fries and Italian Fries?
    2. "And then I ate half the sandwich, and it was good" belongs in Genesis.

    ReplyDelete

Followers