How big is baby: Size of a navel orange
Weight gain: I'll verify this at the doctor tomorrow, but I think I've gained 4-5 pounds so far.
Sleep: This has been pretty consistent since I found out I was pregnant, but I'm still up A LOT at night. This is usually for one trip to the bathroom and 8-15 times to silence my sensor alarms. I'm too nervous to shut them off at night, and really think I'm not going low that often (although my awareness of a BG in the 60s is GONE). I'll be talking to my endo and high-risk OB about this ASAP.
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I am much hungrier now than I was. There's nothing that I'm really averse to, but my sweet tooth has been a bit more active lately.
Exercise: I should leave this in the list to inspire me to get more. I've been naughty. I need to get a walk in every day, but I'm probably only doing so 2-3 days a week
Movement: I haven't felt any yet, but I know that my little friend is flipping all over the place in there. We've seen it do so in ultrasound a few times, and I can't wait to feel it. I'm hoping it will happen soon!
Belly: Ummmm, I think I am sort of starting to show. Here are some photos we've taken so far, but quite frankly most of what you see is pre-existing.
| 9 weeks |
| 11 weeks |
| 13 weeks |
| 15 weeks...ignore the toilet :) |
It's been in the last week or so that I feel like my belly is sticking out differently, that my pre-existing pooch is a bit higher up and more prevalent, which we'll blame on my little friend. I'm still in my regular clothes, but am starting to feel the tension in my pants button...
Symptoms: I'm so glad the exhaustion is gone, but I've started to get more headaches. I also get an achy back if I'm on my feet too long and I'm finding it harder to get myself from sitting to standing. I can't even imagine how difficult that will be by the end!
Diabetes: It's been a pretty ok week, diabetes-wise. The super bad lows are starting to go away, although I still get at least 2 a day. I'm dreading the coming insulin resistance since I feel like I'm finally comfortable with how I'm managing things right now. I've already been planning for eating while with our families for Christmas, and have been making my shopping list of what I'll need to bring to each place I stay to make sure there is something I can eat. I'm also thinking of how I will cope with turning down so many Christmas goodies....as I said, my sweet tooth is very loud right now!
Only 174 days to go and only five weeks until we find out if it's a boy or a girl! I get more excited every day about our baby, becoming a mom, and seeing my incredible husband (who is also celebrating a birthday today!!) become a father.
You are doing GREAT. :)
ReplyDelete