Friday, August 27, 2010

Pump joy!

I wasn't planning on writing a blog post today. I just got back to Philly after my week-long trip to Missouri, it's almost the weekend, I still have Act III in my birthday post to write, plus lots of pics and stories from my time away.

BUT! I am just too excited not to write about this right now. Things have been progressing on getting my insulin pump, far faster than I thought they would. Last week on Tuesday, I officially got the paperwork started with my endo's Medtronic sales rep. On Friday, I spoke with another Medtronic representative who did all of the legwork with my insurance. She emailed me a form, which I signed and got faxed back to her this last Tuesday. When we talked the first time, she said I would get my pump sometime the following week, but for some reason I didn't really believe that.

I was working on getting dinner ready, just a few minutes ago, when I hear a knock at the door. It's UPS. I'm very confused until I see these two boxes:
!!!!!!!!!!

I can't figure out for the life of me why there are two boxes. Isn't my pump pretty tiny? Why so big? Why TWO?? I gleefully start opening.

Box one: CGM stuff!
Box two: the pump, a 90-day supply of infusion sets and reservoirs, a new meter that communicates with the pump, and 400 test strips!

Lovely, no? So much stuff, though, I'll need a whole D-Queen closet.

The Medtronic model seems so happy, so carefree. She has a pump just like me!
It's not like this thing is going on my body right away. I don't have any insulin for it and I have to be trained on the system. But soon! SOON! I am so thrilled that the end of four injections a day is in sight. It's tangible! It's here! What a fantastic way to start the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness that woman's head is 3 times bigger than her body! don't let that happen to you!
    i never say woot, but i would say woot to this. super stoked for you. i hope it doesn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new minime(d)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see these packages of diabetes supplies (I have the MM Paradigm and use the CGM, too), the more I'm reminded of tampon commercials

    "I can play football in the autumn leaves, or steer a boat -- I can even ride a horse while I wear white pants!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, that model makes me laugh. and you should ask nick to build you a d-queen closet, just like mr. big did for carrie ;)


    this is exciting stuff, ms. lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers