This semester has been a bit more wicked than I expected, what with some big deadlines and projects and my last semester of working on my dissertation before going abroad. Despite the busy-ness and the fact that's it's winter, Nick and I have even managed to have some fun along the way. For some reason, my camera doesn't always make it out of my purse at these times, but I promise it happens.
Here are just a few things that Nick and I have done lately to keep ourselves entertained when we aren't working:
- Have our lovely neighbors over for the evening
- Have Parker and Ashley over for the evening
- Go to hear friends give recitals in Princeton
- With two choir friends, I started a book club. Our first book was Jane Eyre. The best part of the book club is that we meet over BRUNCH, my favorite meal.
- Go to the gym 4-5 times a week
- Cook! Meal planning is so fun for me.
- And sometimes, we even stay at home and relax.
In other news, I've received two official rejection letters from various fellowships I've applied for. I am still waiting to hear final word on the Fulbright (which probably won't happen until May), two have given me no sort of notification (one doesn't notify until April, the other is looking like I'll get a rejection letter shortly), and finally, I received a letter in the mail today (which referred to me as Jessica....hmmmm) saying I've been nominated to receive one of their lovely, lovely fellowships. A two-year position. In Rome. Where I'll need my German to be back at a conversational level. I'm not freaking out about this one yet (although I hope to, shortly), because the letter said I have to receive final approval from the host institution in Rome. I'm not sure yet if that is just a formality, or if that means I shouldn't get too excited yet, so I'm aiming for the latter.
But it's making it quite difficult to focus today. I'm in the library on campus, during spring break. Hoping that the quiet and the open-ended hours will allow me to get loads of work done.
Maybe after I get this next big paper written (my deadline is next week), I can be a better blogger. So for now, I'll just stick with what's working for me, even if the blog is taking more of a backseat than I'd like.
No comments:
Post a Comment