Friday, March 18, 2011

A confession

It's true, I have a confession to make. A diabetes confession.

I don't remember the last time I wrote down a blood sugar number. Or a meal or bolus.

I have stopped documenting things.

And not because things are bad. Instead, things are the best they've been in months! My numbers are wonderful (KNOCK ON WOOD). I'm exercising 4-5 times a week! I'm mostly getting enough sleep!

I used to be SO into documenting every little thing about my diabetes. My favorite logbook had a place to plot my every test on an hourly chart. Plenty of room to write down everything I ate. How many carbs it had in it. How much I bolused. Anythings unusual. Site changes, etc.

And I don't think I'm relying too much on my CGM. I test before every meal and before almost every single snack, just to make sure my graph isn't lying to me.

I think I'm relying too much on my beautiful CareLink software that's a part of my integrated pump/CGM system. It's not even that I upload the information all that often (probably once a month?). But I know my pump is remembering it all. Ok, it doesn't have any clue WHAT I actually ate, but it knows everything else. If I'm having issues, I can upload the info and then look at trends and a million different graphs that can clue me in to any patterns or anomalies.

So, I don't really feel guilty about this. But maybe I should? Maybe I should go back to the way I used to be, writing everything down. Or maybe everything is a-ok this way? It's hard to tell, but I think I can honestly say that the last month or more has been the least stressful diabetes-wise since I was diagnosed. Is there a connection there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers