Oh, I know. I've been working my tail off to get a conference paper finished. Last week (spring break!) I got a ton of work done, researching and writing, and this week has been pretty productive so far too. And in one week, I leave for Montreal to present that paper and attend the conference! Phew!
It's amazing how little there is to say about the last week. I worked. I ate some food. I've had nothing unusual in the diabetes department. We have spent an inordinate amount of time and energy plotting and planning for our upcoming epic move to a new country, planning for the hundreds of contingencies.
We have, of course, been having some fun. Since last week was spring break, I saw friends more often. I had lunch with a good friend twice, plus met up with friends on two other days after work. Then on Saturday, Nick and I hosted brunch for a few of our choir friends. It was our last book club meeting for Jane Eyre (have I even talked about that on this blog?) and we enjoyed good food and good company.
That same evening, Nick and I headed out to Wayne, PA for a tapas dinner at Erin's apartment. I had an ulterior motive, though. Erin has wonderful and beautiful clothes and accessories, something that I don't have much of. She let me borrow a few jackets and some jewelry so that I can look as professional as possible for the upcoming conference. So, over food and wine, we also played dress up.
Hopefully something more worthy of note will happen soon so I can actually have something interesting to write about. Thanks for sticking it out through my epic stretch of busy-ness and uncreativity.
No comments:
Post a Comment