After my unexpected, terrible Wednesday, I still had trouble getting done the things that needed to be done. That means that this week will be most busy. Shall we start with the busy and move on to the good?
Busy:
I lied last week when I said my Fulbright was finished. I met with the Fulbright advisor on campus and she wanted me to make some changes to my essays. Then I made them. Then I wanted a friend to read them. Then I changed them some more. Now, I am waiting to hear what my friend thinks and then I WILL UPLOAD THEM. Then I will thoroughly inspect my application. Then I will submit it. It's due tonight at midnight. Nothing like working all the way up to the wire! Glad to have it done, not glad that there are six-seven more to go!
I'm presenting at a conference this Saturday on campus for the graduate fellows. It's a paper I gave before, but I still need to make some revisions to the text and the powerpoint. And I need to buy a jacket or cardigan to wear over my dress.
I've had several former students ask me for letters of recommendation recently. Need to write a few of those.
I've done three basal assessments this last week and there are sure to be more. One of those basal assessments failed when I went low after having fasted for six hours. It was successful last night, though.
Cleaning. This needs to happen.
Um, I'm supposed to working on my dissertation. Better not forget that detail.
GOOD!
I had a fantastic weekend, a mix of work, a Phillies' game, fun with friends, an organ recital, and even some relaxing.
My dear friend from high school, Emily, is coming to visit! She will be in Philly for a work function, but I get to steal her in the evenings and play catch up. It's been far too long since we've spent more than a couple of hours together since neither of us still lives where we grew up, nor are we that close in proximity now. She lives in West Virginia with her husband and adorable baby boy. I can't wait to spend time with her.
Tomorrow evening is a D-OC meetup organized by Kerri! I know that Kelly will also be there, and other bloggers whose blogs I've seen and many whose I haven't. I am really excited to see that these people actually do exist and aren't just my imaginary friends. These blogs are fantastic resources and keep me sane in the midst of my D-Queen life. I've learned so much about life with diabetes from these bloggers. What happens when you get that many insulin pumps in one location?
Should be good! I've got a lot to look forward to in the midst of my busy-ness. I'll just keep holding on to that to push me through the toughness of staying focused.
Please tell my niece, PhD, that she needs to get on it and I am so sorry that life is crazy for her right now. Only a few months until Christmas break and a few years until she will be in the clear.
ReplyDeletePlease tell my nephew, Diabetes, that I am proud of his behavior and dedication to staying healthy.
I am glad you get to spend some time with Emily and that you have a cool blogger party. This will be your first of many!