As we do, we carefully studied the menu ahead of time and planned what to eat. We had the opportunity to try something completely new to us and so Nick the adventurer jumped on it: Veal Sweetbreads.

Although this was not the exact dish we had, it's fairly similar. We knew going in that sweetbreads were some sort of seemingly less desirable part of the animal than normal, and after some research we found that veal sweetbreads are usually either the thymus gland or the pancreas.
As soon as I heard this, I started wondering (facetiously, of course, stay with me) that IF Lacroix served pancreas for their sweetbreads and I ate this, would I be healed? Like those cultures which believe that eating an animal or an enemy (also, NOT promoting cannibalism here) means that you take on its powers?
At the very least, Nick and I got a big laugh out of this theory.
In the end, Lacroix did serve pancreas and I did eat it and it was delicious. And I still need my insulin pump :)
So here are some things that you learned about us from this blog post:
1. We like food and restaurants
2. We are adventurous with what we will eat
3. We have a strange sense of humor
4. I'm hoping that people will get a laugh out of this and not head for the hills because of my weirdness and my willingness to share the strange things that my brain comes up with
Anyhow, I'll be going to Alma de Cuba with some friends tonight and then we're hitting up Vallani later this week with our neighbors. Should be fantastic, and I promise, no more innards :)
i love the strange sense of humor :)
ReplyDelete(and i would NEVER eat a pancreas)
I love this line of thinking.
ReplyDelete