Monday, January 31, 2011

Always busy

I've been MIA for awhile, but not for no reason! What with a persistent cold, lots of snow, and lots on my to-do list, I just haven't been doing anything too notable. That's all changing very soon!

The major project on my to-do list is my first publication! The deadline for my article is coming far too quickly. I've been working on my footnotes and editing the paper (one I gave at a conference last year), and cannot wait to have it finished.

This cold I've had for a week and a half now (it's almost gone) has made figuring out my evening and overnight blood sugar issues a bit difficult. I'm still working on it, testing new pump settings every night. I'm going to conquer this. It's just taking more time than I'd like.

I still haven't heard about any other grants or fellowships, and that is probably a sign that I did NOT get one, since they are conducting interviews at the end of this week for finalists. I'm not too disappointed, but am still eager to hear news on some other prospects.

Nick and I joined a community center yesterday! It's brand new and not too far from home, so we are really excited to start going regularly. Nick's been wanting to join some sort of fitness center for months now and after comparing several in our area, the community center is definitely the right fit for us. I'm looking forward to being over this cold completely so I can test out their facilities and make this an important part of my daily life. I'm determined to keep my numbers in a pretty place, and regular dedicated exercise will definitely help with that.

The next two weeks are going to be jam packed trying to get lots done because a very important visitor will be arriving in Philly very soon!! My sister, Rhiannon, is coming in for a few days. We've got all sorts of plans made. We'll be spending two days in Manhattan for her very first trip there. The only hitch is this big storm that's coming for southwest Missouri. She'll get here somehow :)

And finally, I'll be spending several more days in NYC the following week for a conference. It's my first time at the biggest conference in my field, and I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll hear lots of good papers, meet interesting and important scholars, and best of all catch up with my long lost friend, Alexandra. That will definitely be the highlight of the conference for me.

So, back to work now. These footnotes won't write themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers